Thursday, September 09, 2004

Everythang Real Big


I just saw the new mannie fresh video for his new single, "Real Big." Fuck boy came correct with it, the beat fucking knocks. I really want to hear how it sounds in a club. For now all I can find is this snippet, if I find a video link I'll post that up.

Real Big

oh and this might interest some folks, word on the street is that mannie fresh use to make house music in the 80's. I don't know if this is for real but david might find it interesting. The oldest shit I know of that he's done is producing beats for UNLV, one of the hardest rap groups out of New Orleans. Who are no longer around because one of the guys in the group killed the other one, apparently they were herion deals as well as rappers.

3 Comments:

Blogger skinny said...

when I was in nola last summer unlv was doing a promotion with some blunt wrap company. don't remember which. I think they still around.

10:38 PM  
Blogger David said...

Aite so word is that Steve "Silk" Hurley of Chicago House fame was sort of a mentor to Mannie. Also, his production on the Cash Money stuff, especially cuts like "Bling Bling" show some serious house influence in terms of production.

1:12 AM  
Blogger SergDun said...

yeah there is some new version of UNLV with the ones that are alive. I think like a 1 or 2 years ago they were making diss songs about juvenile or whatever when cash money was beefing with him.

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home