Saturday, January 08, 2005

The Game - The Documentary: Album Review


The Game, The Documentary (Aftermath, 2005)
I think we all know what I'm about to say, and as much as I hate to say it, I will anyway because it's true: This new Game album = Not all that. It's cool for what it is and I'd imagine that it's way better than that Lloyd Banks' album, which I'll never hear. But, as far as commercial-sounding rap shit is concerned (not really my thing anyway), it's nowhere near seeing that Cam'ron album from a month ago. And it's not for a lack of trying either: Everybody and their fucking grandmother contributed to this album in one way or another. I think what it comes down to is that The Game is just not that compelling of an MC.

Continue reading "The Game - The Documentary: Album Review"

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Word. I agree. I could barely get through the album the 1st time hearing it. It seemed like the same song over different beats. Not only is he not that compelling, but he repeats himself & sounds like a broken record. Every track has an Easy E reference, a Nike Air reference, A "I'm Dre's New Thing" reference. How can he even say "I'm lyrically Kool G. Rap on these Dre records"? yeah right! he does rep L.A. which i gotta respect. out.

12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home