Thursday, February 09, 2006

Philly Freestyle Videos



While it may appear that Philadelphia has absolutely no underground hip-hop scene to your random backpacker observer, this observation couldn't be further from the truth. The "underground hip-hop" that is alive and well in Philadelphia isn't one that congregates at random showcases and open-mikes in trendy areas of town, and you won't see these dudes frequenting the Sage Francis and Aesop Rock concerts that pop-up every couple months. The Philadelphia underground rap scene is being dominated and documented by Freestyle DVDs that capture some of these up-coming folks on their blocks, or outside their studios, or randomly, coming out of Boston Market. Some folks have been kind enough to upload a bunch of this stuff to You Tube which is the best shit ever. Peep.

Hollow-Man
West Philly's finest. Dude is ridiculous.

By the way, if anybody can get me in touch with this dude, holler at me

* "I see birds like I'm downtown tossin out bread"

* "You can look me in the face and tell that I'm hungry"
(about half way in... stick around for Oschino, too.)

Peedi Crakk
NP's Puerto-Rican Allen Iverson.


* "Pussy, money and thugs what I'm talkin' about"
(Old shit from like '99)

* "From North Philly and you from Bumblefuck"
(Old shit from '99 with Freeway... Freeway kills it)

Sandman
"Yeeeeaaaah Cannoooonsss..."


* "Pussy, you don't know me"

Meek Millz
North Philly young bol.


* "Ni**a, are you kiddin? I got rhythm like a rockin' chair"

*"Lugers, lugers and uzis to move your body left and right"


-e

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home