Friday, September 10, 2004

The Source Is Still Important.

This magazine still rep 4 the streets. Like Chuck D said, its the most read magazine in black barbershops, so all the mainstream hate it recieves curtesy of the weak azz Eminem/Benzino beef is a nice coincidence. THat maggazine represents the South while everyone sleeps on it, still one of the bestways to get signed, still gets the most shout outs from MC's as regards to the importance of it ratings. XXL, Hip HOP Connection is all good and all play their position in this publishing game, but let us not pretend that The Source is wack even though a white dude own it. Well, maybe it sucks, but I hate Eminem so I'm pro any anti-eminem ish. Holla.

1 Comments:

Blogger SergDun said...

I still think it sucks. I stopped buying the source in 1997, it was all down hill after that. I think the source thinks it's more important that it really is. It is the biggest hip hop mag though and when you think of hiphop magazines it will always be the first one that comes to mind.

My problem with the source is that they are more concerned with pushing their own agenda on people rather than actually writing about music. Also they don't seem to pay attention to anything outside of mainstream. The reviews are pretty much worthless. I think the moment I decided I would never buy the mag was when they had that stupid RSO issue that was all about big upping benzino's boys

12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home