Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Tha Killa Klan


Tha Killa Klan from Houston, TX was founded by Pharoah of the Street Military. Tha Killa Klan consist of Street Military (Pharoah, K.B., Lil' Flea, Icey Hott, R.I.P. Nutt), Z-Ro and Trae of Guerilla Maab, Klondike Kat, G-Rapp The General, BAM, Stack Pack and Burton Boys. Tha Killa Klan is also a part of the South Park Coaliton.

K.B. and Lil' Flea - Killaz On The Trigga

K.B. and Lil' Flea - Jack Move

On the Killa Klan site they have two of these K.B. and Lil Flea tracks and both use that high pitched keyboard sythn sound and it gives them that westcoast g-funk feel. The added reggae bit reminds me of early/mid 90's bay area gangsta tracks that use to have some guest with the reagge twist do the hooks (see Spice1 and Method Man's Hard To Kill). These two songs were released in 98(probably recorded in like 97) so that's why they sound dated but fuck it they are still dope.

Street Military - Steel Gangstaz

Street Military - Gasta Get Paid

Now the first song, Steel Gangstaz, is way better second one. This song is what I love about Street Military, dudes just go hard as fuck on this shit proving that they are still G'ed Up as fuck. I'm a sucker for loud, abrasive, and pissed off rapping. As long as you got some folks yelling and someone telling me to "get'em up" then I'm a happy man and I will put my guns up. I don't know who it is that does the second verse but man whoever he is fucking kills that shit.

As for the second song, Gasta Get Paid, it has that crazy keyboard bit that comes out of nowhere. It doesn't fit the beat at all. Actually now that I think about it who ever made it has been playing Castlevania way to much. Then there is that guitar at the end of the song that sounds cheesy as fuck. You would think people would have figured out to get rid of those lame rock bits already. I thought RockBox proved just how cheesy that shit is. It's actually not even that good of a song but I like that buzzing synth. The rapping isn't recorded too well; it sounds like they recorded the songs in the shower but even with that I still dig the song. Maybe I shouldn't even have posted it but whatever Street Military is good for your mommy.

3 Comments:

Blogger David said...

I actually like that second Street Military song a lot. Don't sell it short. That organ sample is really weird but I dig it.
Keep bringing the heat serg.

4:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rip to Malek

Rip Nut

Killa Klan 4 live

(thats 4 eva )

How you gone b 13 deep in a nikka moma house?

( that was up baby, said dranksta)


yeah you can feel that vibe
it go down out here
and we dont even fight no mo
we just gone pop ya and move on
stank em

(said kook)


R.i.p.

Ant Dawg, Lil Pat, Big Ckri5


FREE PHARAOH!!!!!!

whats up Bam

what it do Zro


MO Serious, tx

9:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

its that manny b

quail runnimg them streets

mo serious tx

killa klan

qrc

call me tha writer of the script

just watch shocky rocky and unyon

( where manny b ? )


,,,,,,,,Gee TV........



see how i just put on for my whole mo serious people

dont call me j manuel no mo

call me Mr. Anon-Ymous

9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home